Fender Telecaster History
Hansen Music is the Region’s largest Fender Dealer with the largest selection of Fender Guitars—and that includes the Might Fender Telecaster—the guitar that became the tool of choice for country, blues, surf, punk, rock, alternative and so many more music genres. Here’s a little info on the Telecaster, and why it has made its way into so many studios and onto so many stages.
- Invented in 1951 by Leo Fender (electric guitars were around since the 1920s)
- Musicians thought it was weird looking, nothing fancy, that is until they played it
- The layout was simple and easy with two knobs, two pickups, a three-position switch, and a cutaway
- Unlike any guitar that came before it, the Telecaster had a bright, clean and clear-cut sound, with high end, thick midrange and bass
- Six Decades after its invention, a basic modern Telecaster has not strayed far from its ancestors of 1951.
- It remains a versatile tone workhorse guitar today and serves an unbelievable amount of music genres.
- Hansen Music can perform service and any customizations you can think of.
Stop by our Showroom and sit down with a Telecaster if you haven’t yet. Play it Live!
521 24th St West
in “Westgate Village”
Billings, MT 59102